04 August 2013

The Heat | Film Review

Everyone who knows me will tell you that I'm obsessed with films. I go to the cinema so much and thought why not start doing film reviews? So here you go, my first ever proper film review...


The Heat stars two of my favourite comedic actresses in the world: Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy. Bullock plays Sarah Ashburn a FBI agent known for not being a team player. After being sent to Boston to bring down a drug lord, she finds herself on the wrong side of Shannon Mullins (McCarthy), a foul-mouthed cop with questionable methods. However a friendship soon sparks between the two and soon they team up to bring down the notorious drug lord.
As soon as I saw the trailer for The Heat I was was excited. I knew instantly that Bullock and McCarthy would be the perfect comedic team. It's safe to say they they didn't disappoint. They worked so well together and I was crying with laughter for practically all the film. McCarthy played her character so well. Her character was so foul-mouthed and inappropriate; she had me in stitches. Sandra Bullock is one of my favourite actresses, she can adapt to any role so well, this role included. 
If you're looking for a film that will have you in stitches, but with characters that you actually get attached to, The Heat is definitely for you! I can't wait it to be released on DVD because no doubt it will become one of my most watched films. Overall, I'd probably rate it a 9/10. I kind of hope there will be a sequel or more films with the Bullock/McCarthy duo!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Good review! You haven't given too much away - unlike a lot of reviews - and have convinced me to see it :) I love the actresses anyway, so if this is as good as you say I'm sure I won't be disappointed!

    L x
    fashionfor21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I hate it when reviews give the whole plot away, it makes you think what's the point of seeing it? I hope you enjoy it, if you see it!

      x

      Delete